Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What to do know

What to do now. Yesterday the House of Deputies took a vote by orders and the resolution for blessing ceremonies for same gendered couples in loving committed relationships passed. Our church is the 1st to Authorize this type of liturgy. We have made this statement to the world, so where do we go from now? Many conservative
people will be horrified and possibly leave the church. Many liberal people will be excited and fired up. I hope we can act with humility and grace whatever side of the fence we are on. I have added a few photos of the trip to the blog for your enjoyment.
We had a great group from Arkansas, and I got to meet many exciting people. One of my favorites is Rev. Mota from Tanzania. I have long been in love with Kenya and have been in the planning stages of making a trip there. However, with my new connections in the Tanzanian church I think I should be going there.
I had great times visiting with Gene Robinson and also the Presiding Bishop. And am very interested in getting involved in the Chicago Consultation now. I can't wait for Laura Walsh to be here in Fayetteville. SHe has lots to offer with the Chicago Consultation and the Peace Corps. She is also going to have a baby in October. Exciting times for her. From here on I think it is important that we all (conservative and liberal) begin to work together, worship together, and love one another. We are working for the common good. I feel like we can do this together and have better results. I am also including links to Bishop Curry's sermon text and video. For now go in Peace and Love! j http://vimeo.com/episcopalchurch http://www.episcopalchurch.org/notice/general-convention-july-7-sermon-bishop-michael-curry

No comments:

Post a Comment